Friday, October 13, 2006

Bush Defines (and Redefines) His Job for Us

This week Jon Stewart of The Daily Show summarized Bush being Bush, at his most elementary. Here are some of Bush's utterances on what his job involves:

"My job is to remind them of the war on terror..."
"My job is to be on the lookout..."
"My job is to stay focused."
"My job is to look at the world the way it is..."
"One of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
"Part of my job is to educate the American people."
The job of the president is "to shake hands and smile."
"My job is not to lead one party."
My job is "not to be complacent."
"My job is "not to worry about short-term attitudes."
"My job is to lead."
(My job is) "to achieve things for the American people."
(My job is) to "make decisions I think are right."
"My job is to do my job."

Enough said.