Friday, December 07, 2007

To Congress: Reject Bush's Selective Fix on the Mortgage Problem

Here's an excellent Raisingkaine.com article about Bush's trial balloon concerning mortgage crisis relief. It's not what meets the eye. Read about it here.

Update: I should have added this respone by "PM" at RK.

Americablog is one of the most liberal blogs around. Here is what its main editor, Jon Aravosis said:

http://www.americablog.com/200...

I can deal with someone who was cheated by their mortgage broker, banker, or whomever. Someone who was literally lied to about how much their mortgage was going to cost them now, in two years, in five years, in ten years. But what I can't deal with are all of these heart-tugging news broadcast and Joe and Suzie who simply wanted the American dream for their children, so they risked their entire family's livelihood on a gamble that they could sell a house they couldn't afford before the "real" mortgage rate kicked in. Sorry, Charlie, but those people knew what they were doing. They gambled. They lost. I had the same choice they did, and I said "no," things were simply too expensive. So now they get a bail out and I get nothing because they wanted money for nothing?


I (KathyinBlacksburg)couldn't agree more.